Jobs & Economy
Dr. Kelli Ward believes in personal responsibility, limited government intervention in the day-to-day lives of our citizens and lower taxes in order to stimulate economic growth and job creation.
- • Increase state revenue by keeping taxes low
- • Create a stable economic business environment
- • Supports development of new industries
- • Eliminate the business property tax
- • Ensure low corporate taxes
- • Reduce regulatory burdens on business
Education is a large part of Dr. Ward’s world. As a mom with three kids still in school, assuring quality education is at the forefront of her goals.
- • Great teachers deserve great pay
- • Empower principals rather than bureaucrats
- • Collaboration between educators and families
- • Money must reach the classroom not bureaucrat’s paychecks
- • Supports strong state university and community college systems
- • Supports ASU Lake Havasu City campus
Faith & Family
Dr. Ward believes that reliance on conservative principles and values strengthen families and our state.
- • Pro-Life
- • Pro-Family
- • Pro-Freedom
Dr. Ward has medical and administrative expertise – assuring that programs and budget issues are addressed in the appropriate manner in the AZ Senate.
- • Knowing how patients, physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers will be affected by changes made adds a level of competence and confidence AZ residents can depend upon safety net coverage should not be better than coverage for those who provide it for themselves and their employees
- • Dr. Kelli Ward – President, Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association 2010-2011
Dr. Ward believes in legal immigration and a secure border. She also believes that states have the right to protect themselves if the Federal government will not.
- • Secure our borders NOW
- • Supported SB 1070
- • No amnesty for those who have broken our laws – no economic, educational, or medical incentives
- • Supports effective law enforcement and the use of technology as a top priority of state government
- • Aggressively fight the drug cartels and human smugglers
Dr. Ward believes it is crucial for Arizona’s long-term viability to develop alternative energy sources while keeping current energy sources affordable.
- • Allow domestic energy development
- • Fight for AZ’s uranium industry
- • Research sustainable energy sources including solar, wind, and nuclear
Dr. Ward is a military wife and has been for over 16 years – she is married to Dr. Michael Ward, a Colonel in the Arizona Air National Guard. This gives her a unique perspective on the needs of not only our military men and women, but also their family support systems who are integral to their success in protecting our country.
- • Supports AZ military bases
- • Encourage family and community support for deployed service members and their dependents
- • Supports maintaining the tax-free status of Arizona Military members
- • Supports using the natural resources of Arizona to enhance the research, development, manufacturing and testing of UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles)
- • Supports the basing of the KC-46 Tanker and F-35 Fighter on Arizona Active Duty and Guard bases
Dr. Ward believes that the Second Amendment means exactly what it says: individuals have the constitutional right to purchase and own firearms.
- • Supports the right to keep and bear arms
- • Opposes legislation that imposes on this Constitutional right
- • Supports the citizen’s right to defend life and property
- • Dr. Ward believes that reliance on conservative principles and values strengthen families and our state.